Sunday, January 6, 2013

Preface

Welcome to the Putrefied Design laboratory.  In this blog series, I hope to provide aspiring GZDoom mappers with some lesser known tips and tricks that are capable in Graf's wonderful engine, as well as some design philosophies and general out-of-the-box ideas that might help you out along the way.  I would like to clarify that I have no intentions of making any attempts at defining what makes a 'good' map or 'good' detail. Nor would I want to try to insinuate some kind of 'right' way of going about in your own designs.  I would merely like to offer some of the nasty little tricks I've picked up over the years in my own experience in hope that you can use them in your own unique ways in your own creative endeavors.

To kick start this series, the most important point I would like to make is that whatever it is,  it's almost certainly possible to do. The question is,  how are you going to do it?   The wildest ideas,  the most outrageous, over-the-top concepts are indeed possible. It's just a question of figuring out the puzzle given the tools that you are provided with.  A lot of the times, you will find  it can get quite dirty and dare-I-say, even hackish, but if there's a will, there's a way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment